Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 11-19-2014, 02:03 AM

Remaping keys at Mac version

Hello!
I want to remap keys so thew command+n opens a new tab,not new window. I edited my ket file at tools - keymap editor, so command+n uses menu_tab_clone function. I saved my editions, restart the secureCRT and still command+n opens new window.. what to do ?
Thanks
P.S. I forget - sure my key file is using at my ssh connection properties.

Last edited by emoxam; 11-19-2014 at 02:09 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:59 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello emoxam,

I am not exactly sure I understand the recent edit you made to the post:

Quote:
P.S. I forget - sure my key file is using at my ssh connection properties.

However, in general, I don't think MENU_TAB_CLONE is what you want to map that key combination to unless you really do want a clone of an existing tab.

What version of SecureCRT/Mac are you using?

If v7.3, are you using Connect dialog or Session Manager?

For the former, make sure the Open in a tab option is enabled on the dialog.

For the latter option, it is a toggle that is available from the context menu when clicking (using whatever mechanism equals a right-click on your system) on a session or folder in Session Manager. (Note that it is a toggle, it's not just associated with a particular session if that's how you choose to enable the option.)

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 11-19-2014, 09:17 AM

Ok. lets make it easier. I press command+n and it makes second window of secure crt. But i want that combination open "connect dialog window" with all of my connections (whatever we name it ?) and open new connection in a tab. Like it was at windows (if i remember right).
For now i can use command+t (this combination dowhat i want), but i want to change it. I can change it, right ?

P.S. I am using 7.2.6 (build 606)
Old 11-19-2014, 11:08 AM

Hello emoxam,

Please see the attachment that shows the Connect dialog option I was referencing.

If you have that option enabled, please attach a screenshot showing how you created the keymap.

If there is any sensitive data that would be exposed in the screenshot, please send to support@vandyke.com and reference "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #11786" in the subject line.

Note that if you configured the keymap specific to only one session, that is likely why you see the reported behavior. You would need to use the Default Session mechanism to apply it to all sessions.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database for the ability to easily re-map accelerators used by the application (globally). Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #11786" in the subject line.
Attached Images
File Type: png emoxam_connect_dialog.png (18.7 KB, 142 views)

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 11-19-2014, 12:32 PM

If you are talking about future request than i understand i cannot remap the keys as i want it to.
If i still can remap the keys - i repeat - i make my own key file at tools - keymap editor.
I use it at default session options.
Checkbox you are talking to are checked (but i don't understand how this checkbox corresponding to hotkey)
And last. As i said keyfile is used at global session option. So i remap command+n to menu_tab_close. And what do you think this hotkey do for now You right, it opens a new window.

Screenshot are at your mailbox.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:41 PM

Hello emoxam,

I responded in email, since I received that first.

Correct, you cannot use the same combination of keys (Cmd+N) if it is already a default keymap. Cmd+N is the default keymap to open a new instance in SecureCRT/Mac.

However, if it is just some particular functionality you want (Menu functions), as long as you choose a keyboard combination not already in use by the application, you can likely create a custom keymap for that.

However, MENU_TAB_CLOSE (or MENU_TAB_CLONE) is not going to "open" a tab. I believe the menu function you want is MENU_TAB_NEW.

See Help file topic Configuring the Keyboard / Table of Keymap Functions for a description of the Menu (and Telnet, SSH, etc.) functions available to be used in keymaps (or mapping to a button).

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730