Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 04-08-2019, 07:11 AM

HTML Window State

Hi,

I am using a modified script based on one of the VD examples - ' UseIEAsCustomDialog.vbs. This pop's up an HTML window with a form where values are entered and sent to SeCRT. It works fine. One thing though, the HTML window opens behind the Secure CRT window. At first I thought it was opening minimized but in fact if you resize the SeCRT Window the HTML window is up and not minimized. Do you have any ideas on bringing this window to the front? I tried a few things but they had no effect such as:

objExplorer.document.focus()
ie.visible = True

I also tried some Win API's that do not appear valid for SecCRT like

Declare Function apiShowWindow Lib "user32" Alias "ShowWindow" _
(ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal nCmdShow As Long) As Long

apiShowWindow ie.hwnd, SW_SHOWMINIMIZED

Thanks and by the way, I have been using this product for over a decade (with large telecom company (s)) and only recently started to appreciate how great it is and how dedicated your company has been to supporting it. My first terminal app was TELIX in DOS back in the glory days on BBS's. Anyway's great job man.

J
Old 04-08-2019, 09:01 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi diex68,

What version of SecureCRT?

What version of IE?

What Windows OS?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 04-08-2019, 12:00 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi diex68,

Sorry, but we don't know of any way to force an IE window to be on top of any other application and trying to do so is outside the scope of SecureCRT support.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database for the ability to create custom dialog boxes or other GUI elements (forms scripting). Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #13490" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

Apparently that's always been an issue with IE. You can look at the problem a different way and try to control what SecureCRT does instead. For example, you might minimize SecureCRT or reposition it.

See Help topic Scripting / Script Objects Reference / Window Obtect for info on Show() method.

There is a command-line option (/POS) that allows you to specify the initial position of SecureCRT. (See Help topic Using the Software / Command-Line Options / Table of Standard Command-Line Options.)

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730