Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 11-17-2010, 04:12 PM

Command Line Quicksync question

I am trying to code a command line function to quicksync a remote folder to a local folder. My current code is as follows:

Sfxcl.exe /Quicksync “c:\copy” “sftp://username@password:255.255.255.0” “/” mirror-remote

I get an error that states that is as follows…

2010-11-17 17:32:03, 00001: Session 00001: Session 00001 established for synchronize with sftp://username@password:255.255.255.0
2010-11-17 17:32:03, 00001: Synchronize<0339C8D0>: sfxcl version 6.0.2.260
Invalid session path: sftp://username@password:255.255.255.0

I am not using 255.255.255.0 in the query but entered it as a sample ip.

Can you see any errors with the coding of this and if so, what can I do to make it work properly?
Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello Chris,

I have already replied to the e-mail you sent to support@vandyke.com.

For anyone else who needs this information, see below.

Currently, the ability to specify the destination using URL syntax in QuickSync (in SFXCL) is not supported.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our development database for the option to use URLs in SFXCL during a QuickSync. Should a future release of SecureFX include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #6445" in the subject line.

Currently, the "session syntax" must be used as specified in the SecureFX Help topic 'Getting Started / Command-Line Utility' (see below).

Quote:
/QuickSync path
Initiates a comparison operation between a local folder and a folder on a remote server, and transfers files according to the argument specified.

The /QuickSync operation must be entered on the command line with the following syntax:

SFXCL.exe /QuickSync <local path> <session path> <remote path> <upload | download | mirror-both | mirror-local | mirror-remote>
[no-subdir]

For example, to mirror a local folder with a remote folder:

SFXCL.exe /QuickSync "c:\My Documents" "/SSH Session" /Users/Bob/Docs mirror-both

Note: Wildcard characters cannot be used in the remote path field of a /QuickSync command.

The /QuickSync command can be used with the [no-subdir] switch if you do not want to include subdirectories in the operation.
As a note, Chris, the "URL syntax" in your example would not be correct even if supported. The correct syntax for other situations where you can use URLs in SFXCL is:
Code:
sftp://username:password@host

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 08-14-2019, 09:26 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi all,

This feature (the ability to use URLs in a QuickSync operation in SFXCL) has been implemented in a pre-release build of SecureFX.

If interested in trying the pre-release build, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject line of SFXCL: URLs in QuickSync feature (or similar).

Since your VanDyke Software download account is how we make pre-release builds available, if your email does not originate from the email address associated with that account, please provide that info in the body of the email.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by bgagnon; 08-14-2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added comma for clarity