Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 12-09-2009, 07:41 AM

Sync request

Hola,

If you're going to have a offering for all major OS', can I request a sync feature for saved sessions?

It would be nice to have two (or more) systems "speak" to each other on the network and sync my OSX SecureCRT sessions with my Linux or Windows machines which have the SecureCRT client installed.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:39 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Neflem,

I have moved this post since it is not directly related to the SecureCRT for Linux thread.

Thanks for the request. I have created a feature request in our SecureCRT development database to be able to sync sessions across all platforms. Should this be implemented in a future release after SecureCRT has been released for the other platforms, we will post to this thread. If you would like to be notified directly, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Feature Request in Forum Thread #4672, and include which feature request(s) you want to be notified of in the body of the email.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730

Last edited by rtb; 12-10-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Better suggestion - well... I think so

Actually thinking this over, I believe that it may be better to export the sessions and then import them in to the other OS' SecureCRT.

Sync would be great, but only if you could sync to say a website - like Xmarks for Firefox does.
Upload all your sessions and then from another machine - any OS (anywhere in the world) - you pull them back down.

And to take it a step further, you guyz and gals could host it
Old 12-10-2009, 10:30 AM

Hi Neflem,

Thanks for posting the improved suggestion. I have created another feature request on your behalf to add the capability to export and import sessions for all platforms to our SecureCRT development database.

Should this capability be added to a future release we will post to this forum thread. If you would like to be notified directly, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Feature Request in Forum Thread #4672, and include which feature request(s) you want to be notified of in the body of the email.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 08-22-2014, 11:59 AM

Hi Neflem,

The ability to export a SecureCRT configuration to and import it from an XML file has been added to SecureCRT 7.3. You can download the beta from the following location:
http://www.vandyke.com/download/securecrt/beta.html
The new options are located in the Tools menu.

We welcome any feedback about the new feature.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 08-25-2014, 09:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to chillyjim Send a message via Yahoo to chillyjim
I have been syncing my sessions for 2-3 years via a "seafile" share. It doesn't sync stored password, which is a good thing IMO, but the other session data does. This is between two macs and a Win7/64 PC.