Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 12-22-2020, 10:16 AM

scratchpad features

I'm testing the scratchpad in SecureCRT 9.0.0. 64 buil d 2380. I find this feature very useful, thanks for implementing it!

Let me mention next things what I think can be improved:
1.can by scratchpad invoked with line numbering always enabled?
2. can be scratchpad invoked with pre-configured font size/type/color?
3.can be scratchpad invoked by pre-configured background color?
4. can be scratchpad invoked by default when program is started like "auto sessions" ? (including session renaming) ?

thx a lot for answers/improvement.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:47 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi tester1,

Thank you for expressing your interest in improving the current scratchpad implementation in SecureCRT! I will address each of your inquiries/requests below:

Quote:
This functionality is not currently supported, I have captured a feature request on your behalf to add a global setting so that the scratchpad can be invoked with line numbering.
Quote:
The current behavior is to honor the font settings for the Default Session. (Options > Edit Default Session...) So yes, technically there is a way to configure the desired font settings via the Default Session, however the same settings are applied to any new sessions that you create.

Do you wish to have the ability to configure default font size/type/color for the scratchpad independently of the font settings for the Default Session? Perhaps global options instead?
Quote:
This functionality is not currently supported, I have captured a feature request on your behalf to add the ability to change the background color of the scratchpad.
Quote:
4. can be scratchpad invoked by default when program is started like "auto sessions" ? (including session renaming) ?
This functionality is not currently supported. I have captured a feature request on your behalf to add the ability to configure an auto scratchpad to be launched at startup.
We will be sure to notify you here if any of these features become available in a future release. If you prefer direct notification, please send an email to support@vandyke.com, with "*Feature Requests, Forum Thread #14376*" as the subject.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 12-28-2020, 07:29 AM

Thanks for answers/feature requests created. To explain my "approach", Im considering any window, including scratchpad like possible new session. Every session can be saved and so can have their "own" properties = font, color font, background color, name,... It is clear and metodical approach. It can be easily set-up important sessions where is preffered big size font and/or less important, where is better to see whole content = small font - so idea to set-up stratchpad with its own config which fit every user needs (and which will not be related to DEFAULT session config) - I hope it make more sense now);
Old 12-28-2020, 09:30 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi tester1,

Thanks for clarifying! I have captured an additional feature request on your behalf to add the ability to create and save scratchpad templates for font/background color (independent from the Default session settings).

We will be sure to let you know if a version of SecureCRT is released that supports this functionality!

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-22-2021, 05:50 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The following requests have been implemented in a pre-beta version of SecureCRT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tester1 View Post
If you would be interested in trying it, please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Old 05-04-2021, 03:46 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The following has been implemented in a pre-beta version of SecureCRT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tester1 View Post
I'm testing the scratchpad in SecureCRT 9.0.0. 64 buil d 2380. I find this feature very useful, thanks for implementing it!

Let me mention next things what I think can be improved:

If you would like to try it, please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen