Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 03-29-2010, 01:39 PM

multi-line tab bar?

Hi,

Just wondering if this is already a feature or if not can it be a request

For those of us who need to remain logged into many sessions at one time, the current tab line gets a scroll bar. This means we have to scroll to see the hidden tabs.

An option to have a second (or even third ;-) row of tabs would be an option I'd like to see
Old 03-29-2010, 01:58 PM

Hello,

Thanks for posting your suggestion/question. SecureCRT does not currently support rows of tabs but I have added your idea to our request database for consideration. If rows of tabs are implemented we'll post a follow up message here, and if you'd also like e-mail notification please let us know.

For most of my windows I can fit over one dozen tabs on the row before I start needing tab scrolling. How many tabs are you seeing before you see the arrows for tab scrolling?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 04-16-2010, 12:46 PM

This can be a problem when you have long hostnames.

One workaround is to expand the width of the session window, but then this will also increase the columns. I've tried limiting using the Session Options, but the minimum width is limited to 132 columns. It would be nice to limit this to 80 columns so even if we expand the width of the session window, our tabs are still limited to 80 columns.

This can also be a problem if we want to keep the width of the session window small if we have multiple sessions going at once.

For example, let's say I wish to have 4 session windows with 20 tabs in each session window open at the same time but want to be able to see 100% of the contents of each session window at the same time.

Adding a feature to allow for multi-line tabs would allow us to retain the maximum width of the session window to allow for multiple session windows while also allowing for many more visible tabs w/o needing tab scrolling.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:17 PM

Hello keying,

Thanks for your feed back. I've updated the feature request entry for allowing multiple rows of tabs, and we'll post here if this feature is added. Let us know if you would also like e-mail notification should this be implemented.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 11-05-2017, 03:29 AM

Is there any news for this feature ?
Old 11-06-2017, 09:57 AM
VanDyke Product Director

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this will be implemented. We use third-party libraries to provide the tab GUI support and they don't support multiple rows of tabs, so this would take a fair bit of work for us to implement.

Something we are considering implementing is a Connection Manager, which would be similar to the Session Manager, but would only contain the list of connected sessions. Would you find something like this useful?

Maureen
Old 03-23-2019, 07:42 AM

Is there any updates on this feature/issue ?

Thanks.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:55 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi jonasjohn75,

There hasn't been any movement on implementing this feature. I'll check in with the SecureCRT product director and post here if there are any updates.

In the meantime, individuals interested in a multi-row/stacked button bar may also be interested in the new Command Manager that is available in the upcoming version. Currently the functionality includes the ability to copy existing buttons and button bars into Command Manager. Button Bars will be represented as a folder of commands (buttons).

Also Command Manager will allow filtering (similar to Session Manager) to find that special command or set of commands organized by folder in a way that multi-row/stacked button bars would never quite allow.

If you would like to try a pre-release that includes Command Manager, please send email to support@vandyke.com and reference "Command Manager functionality" in the subject line. If not emailing us from the email address associated with your VanDyke Software download account, then please include that email address in the body of your email.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by bgagnon; 03-25-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added info