Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!


Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-21-2008, 09:22 AM
metaclassing metaclassing is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6
Disable buffer clear after reconnect session?

Good morning guys,

Is there any way to prevent securecrt from clearing the screen after i try to reconnect to a disconnected session??? Just print the new login prompt right where it left off so i can log in and remember what i was doing before my session timed out lol
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-21-2008, 01:44 PM
bgagnon bgagnon is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,997
Hi metaclassing,

SecureCRT will clear the screen on reconnect, but saves the information to the scrollback buffer assuming a couple settings are correctly configured.

Is 'Clear on disconnect' in the 'Terminal' category of Session Options disabled?
If not, once disabled is the screen information saved in the scrollback buffer?
Is the 'Scrollback buffer' in the 'Terminal / Emulation' category of Session Options set to a sufficient amount of lines so as to display a full screen?
If not, once you enter a sufficient value, do you have access to your screen information saved in the scrollback buffer after disconnecting and reconnecting?
__________________
Thanks,
--Brenda

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2019, 06:52 AM
toqpuk toqpuk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
Hi metaclassing,

SecureCRT will clear the screen on reconnect, but saves the information to the scrollback buffer assuming a couple settings are correctly configured.

Is 'Clear on disconnect' in the 'Terminal' category of Session Options disabled?
If not, once disabled is the screen information saved in the scrollback buffer?
Is the 'Scrollback buffer' in the 'Terminal / Emulation' category of Session Options set to a sufficient amount of lines so as to display a full screen?
If not, once you enter a sufficient value, do you have access to your screen information saved in the scrollback buffer after disconnecting and reconnecting?
Hello there, I have all settings are same as above you mentioned. but how can I restore scrollback buffer after reconnection ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2019, 10:04 AM
jdev's Avatar
jdev jdev is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by toqpuk View Post
Hello there, I have all settings are same as you mentioned. but how can I restore scrollback buffer after reconnection ?
What version of SecureCRT are you running?

And on what operating system platform and version are you running SecureCRT?

In your scenario, what's on the screen before you disconnect?

What is in the scrollback buffer after you reconnect?

--Jake
__________________
Jake Devenport
VanDyke Software
Technical Support
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/vandykesoftware
Email: support@vandyke.com
Web: https://www.vandyke.com/support
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:07 PM
toqpuk toqpuk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdev View Post
What version of SecureCRT are you running?

And on what operating system platform and version are you running SecureCRT?

In your scenario, what's on the screen before you disconnect?

What is in the scrollback buffer after you reconnect?

--Jake
I am on Windows 10 64 bit, SecureCRT is Version 8.5.3 (x64 build 1867). I am using secureCRT for cisco config via ssh, there is no any messages before disconnect, just red cross before router name on tab. after reconnect it clear screen and show logon banner and router name w/o any lines which were before disconnect.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:17 AM
jdev's Avatar
jdev jdev is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by toqpuk View Post
I am on Windows 10 64 bit, SecureCRT is Version 8.5.3 (x64 build 1867). I am using secureCRT for cisco config via ssh, there is no any messages before disconnect, just red cross before router name on tab. after reconnect it clear screen and show logon banner and router name w/o any lines which were before disconnect.
There are two common ways to perform a true "reconnect" operation in SecureCRT:
  • With keyboard focus already in the terminal window of the tab that is disconnected, press the [Enter] key on the keyboard.
  • Press the Reconnect button on SecureCRT's toolbar ( or , depending on the theme you're using).
Which one of these methods are you using to "reconnect"?

If you're not using either of these two methods, then you're not performing a "reconnect", you're starting a brand new session within the active tab (which so happens to currently be disconnected). This action will wipe out what's currently displayed in the disconnected tab and scrollback buffer as it is prepared for the new connection you've told it to establish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toqpuk View Post
One more thing, before SecureCRT I used to have superputty and there I had option restart session , when session has disconnected after timeout you can press restart session, and you will stay in same tab see all scrollback buffer and router will just ask you login again (enter password)
This sounds like SecureCRT's "Reconnect" behavior, as I've described earlier.

Does pressing the Reconnect button not work for you in the same way?

--Jake
Attached Images
File Type: png SCRT_Reconnect_LegacyBlackTheme.png (1.0 KB, 422 views)
File Type: png SCRT_Reconnect_VS2013Theme.png (616 Bytes, 422 views)
File Type: png SCRT_Reconnect_LegacyBlackTheme_FullWindowContext.png (62.6 KB, 438 views)
__________________
Jake Devenport
VanDyke Software
Technical Support
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/vandykesoftware
Email: support@vandyke.com
Web: https://www.vandyke.com/support
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:13 PM
toqpuk toqpuk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdev View Post
What version of SecureCRT are you running?

And on what operating system platform and version are you running SecureCRT?

In your scenario, what's on the screen before you disconnect?

What is in the scrollback buffer after you reconnect?

--Jake
One more thing, before SecureCRT I used to have superputty and there I had option restart session , when session has disconnected after timeout you can press restart session, and you will stay in same tab see all scrollback buffer and router will just ask you login again (enter password)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 PM.