Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 06-21-2018, 11:49 AM

Exclamation New Bundle Purchase: Use Different Usernames for SSH and FTP

Been using VanDyke products (CRT/FTP) for years... excellent. Just purchased CRT/FX bundle 8.3.3 which I am new to.

I'm unable to create a single session that uses a different username for FTP and SSH.

Perhaps I'm missing something conceptual. Perhaps having a "bundle" normally requires the same credentials for a given server's FTP/SSH? I'm not sure.

Is there a way to use a different username/password combination for a single session?

If not, I suppose I can create a unique session for SSH and another for FTP for the same server, but this seems clunky.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:11 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi russtanner,

I am happy to hear that our products have been able to uphold a standard of excellence for you after all of these years! We certainly appreciate your patronage!

There is not currently a way to use a different username/password for FTP and SSH for a single session.

I have created a feature request on your behalf in our product enhancement database to add support for this functionality. Should a future release of the SecureCRT + SecureFX bundle include this functionality, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #13151" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 06-21-2018, 02:38 PM

Smile Thank you.

Thanks for your prompt replay and for creating a feature request.

Much appreciated.

Tags
bundle , credentials , username