Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 03:18 AM

SecureCRT crashing after copy + logging not working

Hello, we have updated our terminal server to Windows Server 2008 R2. Since this time we had SecureCRT on Win Server 2003.

On 2003 everything was working fine. Now on 2008 I have 2 following issues:
1) In "Connect" window if I'll try CTRL+C (or right click and copy) SecureCRT is crashing.
2) In "Session Options" - "Log File" I have checked: Prompts for filename, Start log upon connect and Append to file. The issue is that after logging to session I didn't get promt for filename. So I've created file on desktop and test with putting path to "Log file name". In file was nothing.

I'm using Version 6.5.0 (build 380).

Please let me know if you have any advice. Thank you!
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi brugiman,

Troubleshooting a crash typically requires access to the crash dump for analysis. The forums are not an effective place to accomplish this. Would you send an e-mail message to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Attn: Todd - Forum thread #10475? In the message, please include the serial number for your license. You may be eligible to upgrade to a newer version of SecureCRT, and there are licensing concerns when running in a terminal server environment.

Additionally, would you let me know in your e-mail message if you are seeing this issue when using a new configuration folder?

Would you also send the path for your log file?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730