VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM

Calling a list

I have created a list using the "el" and giving it a name, at the := type "i" and at 001: pasted all 10,000 records to create list. Is there a way I can call this list in writing a select statement? Example: select claims with code listnamehere??
Old 04-30-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Is there a way I can call this list in writing a select statement? select claims with code listnamehere
Hello,

I'm not sure how to suggest proceeding. It looks like the code you're asking about might be related to SQL ("select ... with ..."), but I'm not sure. The := prompt is not one I'm familiar with. I'd like to back up a little and see if we can get on track.

Can you let me know which VanDyke product and version you are using?

Can you provide a little more information about what you're working on, and what your goal is?

If there is log or screen output that would help show what you're doing, could you send it to support@vandyke.com with subject Attn Mike Forum Thread 10437?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 05-10-2012, 07:32 PM

Hi Mike - sorry it's taken so long to write back. I am using SecureCRT version 6.5. My ultimate goal is to create a list of records and then be able to call that list in a select statement. I just started using SecureCRT this year and I am still new to the process...I believe I am using SQL programming; writing "Select...With" queries. My first step is at the > prompt typing "el" which then provides me a prompt "enter list id=" which I then enter a name...once that has been entered a new prompt "----:" pops up which I then enter "i" (for insert) and "0001=" prompts me to enter my first record to be added to the newly created list. Once I've entered my records I hit ENTER and then type "fi" (finish) at the "----:" prompt. It saves my list, now I want to extract that list in a select statement, but not sure how to do that. Hope I've explained it well enough...thanks!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 AM

I'm not sure I know which part you're wanting help with. Your goal is to write something like
Code:
select claims with code listnamehere
Is listname something that maybe you have specified somewhere in your existing script?

How much of this process are you trying to automate, and what do you have so far?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]

Tags
create, list, select statement