VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 06:28 AM

Version 6.7.0 (build 164) on Lion macosx - delete does not clear screen

SecureCRT Version 6.7.0 (build 164) on Lion macosx - ssh-ing into any system (Cisco, linux, Riverbed, etc. <=> no matter the term requirements at the other end) the delete (backspace) key on the mac does not clear screen, although the cursor moves properly. Tried various term emulations, to no help. Any ideas?!?

TIA,
Stefan
Old 04-09-2012, 08:57 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Stefan,

We have heard of this issue in the past, and it was a problem associated with the configuration folder.

If you use a new configuration folder, do you continue to see the issue?

If you don't see the issue in the new configuration folder, would you send us the old configuration folder as an attachment to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Attn: Todd - Forum thread #10398?

You can find the configuration folder location in the General category of the Global Options dialog. You can create a new configuration folder by renaming the old configuration folder.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 04-09-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtb View Post
Hi Stefan,
<snip>
If you use a new configuration folder, do you continue to see the issue?
<snip>
How would I create a new config folder, while preserving all info needed for my sessions? Should I save the Sessions subfolder, then either point the Options to a new folder, into which I'd move the Sessions one, or move the entire existing Config folder away, leave the Sessions, then restart?

Thx,
Stefan
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the question.

By renaming the old configuration folder rather than deleting it, the data will be preserved. When SecureCRT doesn't find a folder named Config (because you renamed it to be OldConfig), it will create a new folder named Config. This is assuming that you kept the default settings when you started SecureCRT for the first time.

You can find location and name of the configuration folder in the General category of the Global Options dialog.

I want you to test a completely new configuration folder (do not move anything into the new folder from the old folder). If you still see the issue, then we know that it is not an issue tied to configuration folder damage.

I am asking you to run this test because we have had reports that this issue is resolved when using a new clean configuration folder.

Does this help to answer your question?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 04-10-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtb View Post
Hi Stefan,
<snip>
I want you to test a completely new configuration folder (do not move anything into the new folder from the old folder). If you still see the issue, then we know that it is not an issue tied to configuration folder damage.
<snip>
Very much so, in regards to what you'd like me to try. So the sessions folder, being included in the Config, will not be moved. Let's assume that this process (completely clean Config) will resolve the issue. How would I bring my old sessions back, then?

... I will try, anyway, then come back here for a follow-up ...

Thanks,
Stefan
Old 04-10-2012, 08:36 AM

... and it worked! I then cp-ed the Sessions folder into the new Config area, and that also worked (as in "proper back-delete key functionality and screen clearing").

Thanks - now I need to figure out how to rebuild (grep ... /s/ ... other ways) my preferences into the sessions, as I got the default.

Stefan
Old 04-10-2012, 08:39 AM

Hi Stefan,

If a clean configuration folder resolves the issue, we need to get both folders to analyze what differences may be causing the issue.

Once we have been able to determine a cause, we can look at what can be done to salvage existing data. At this point, it is not clear what the issue is, so it is not clear what can be salvaged.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 04-10-2012, 08:48 AM

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the update. Since it seems like the Sessions folder is not involved in causing the issue, would you send me a copy of the old and new Config folder without the Sessions folder included?

You can send this to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Attn: Todd - Forum thread 10398.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730