View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 02:48 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeader
I realize that this doesn't apply to everyone, and don't get me wrong, I love the new tabs. However, for those of us that use Firefox on a daily basis, tabs have become an integral part of our computer usage. As such, the hot keys and actions associated with controlling tabs in Firefox have really become second nature. To this end, I would like to suggest that the following two changes be made:

1) In addition to the default key combination of "Alt+B" for launching a new tab connection, please add the Firefox standard "Ctrl+T" as well
As Jason mentioned, we can't use Ctrl+T because of potential conflicts on the remote side. However, you can map Ctrl+T to MENU_TAB_NEW in your version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeader
2) In Firefox, another COMMONLY used method, most common probably, for opening a new tab is to double click on an empty space on the tab bar. This should have the same result that "Alt+B" or "Ctrl+T" (hope) would have.
Currently, "Connect in tab" brings up the connect dialog so that you can select a session to connect to. Is that what you would expect double clicking on the empty part of the tab bar to do?

Maureen