View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 PM

That would work only if the drive letter is the same on every computer you plug your drive into, correct? I was wondering if it could be a relative path like the old bat file instructions show on the launch script with seeing the sort variables =./ etc opposed drive: as an absolute path. Also, if it is to be used on both 32 bit and 64 bit computers, can 32 work for both? I was connecting to a vmware view computer today and while I could mount my drive, it failed to launch the app because I have 64 bit version and the view host was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtb View Post
Hi Marianne,
Thanks for the post.

With the release of SecureCRT 7.2, there may be an easier method due to some changes that allow for cross-platform compatibility.

My suggestion would be the following:
  • Move the SecureCRT installation folder as a top level folder.
  • Add the configuration folder as it is generated by SecureCRT into the SecureCRT installation folder with no changes.
  • Add a Logs folder to the SecureCRT installation folder and log to that folder.
Here is a representation of my USB drive folder structure:
X:\SECURECRT
+---Scripts
+---Menus
+---Keymaps
+---Config
| +---Sessions
| \---KnownHosts
\---Logs
When configuring logging, just provide an absolute path to the Logs folder in the SecureCRT folder, and SecureCRT will handle things from there.

Does this help?