View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:05 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi DQ,

I'm sorry you've had to experience this order-changing behavior associated with SecureCRT window "tiles". It happens to be a buggy side effect of the third party library SecureCRT uses for handling tiled windows. Our team has taken a look at what it might take to either fix the issue and it's not an easy problem to tackle at the moment.

We hope to be able to address this issue in a future version of SecureCRT, and I've added this thread to the bug report so we can update it should a fix become available. If you want direct notification please send an email to support@vandyke.com and reference Forum Thread #14387 in the subject line.

In the meantime, there is a workaround that involves running a script that will reorder the tiles as a "hack" to get them back into a logical non-random ordering. The solution is available here.

I wish I had a better resolution for you on this one, but hopefully the ability to "fix" the randomized ordering with the click of a button (that would run the script mentioned in the posting above) to re-order all tiles into a logical sequence might help alleviate the problem somewhat.

Thanks for your patience as we work to get more reliable behavior in place for the ordering of tiles when the SecureCRT window is resized, minimized/restored.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730