View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello Chris,

I have already replied to the e-mail you sent to support@vandyke.com.

For anyone else who needs this information, see below.

Currently, the ability to specify the destination using URL syntax in QuickSync (in SFXCL) is not supported.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our development database for the option to use URLs in SFXCL during a QuickSync. Should a future release of SecureFX include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #6445" in the subject line.

Currently, the "session syntax" must be used as specified in the SecureFX Help topic 'Getting Started / Command-Line Utility' (see below).

Quote:
/QuickSync path
Initiates a comparison operation between a local folder and a folder on a remote server, and transfers files according to the argument specified.

The /QuickSync operation must be entered on the command line with the following syntax:

SFXCL.exe /QuickSync <local path> <session path> <remote path> <upload | download | mirror-both | mirror-local | mirror-remote>
[no-subdir]

For example, to mirror a local folder with a remote folder:

SFXCL.exe /QuickSync "c:\My Documents" "/SSH Session" /Users/Bob/Docs mirror-both

Note: Wildcard characters cannot be used in the remote path field of a /QuickSync command.

The /QuickSync command can be used with the [no-subdir] switch if you do not want to include subdirectories in the operation.
As a note, Chris, the "URL syntax" in your example would not be correct even if supported. The correct syntax for other situations where you can use URLs in SFXCL is:
Code:
sftp://username:password@host

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730