VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   Secure Shell (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   SecureCRT 6.5 and Windows 7 Taskbar (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=4316)

RotoryFlight 11-02-2009 11:32 AM

SecureCRT 6.5 and Windows 7 Taskbar

I notice that each tab now shows a preview window in the taskbar when I click the SecureCRT icon. Is there a way to change it so it works like previous versions?

http://users.cot.net/~charlieb/Untitled.png

Thanks,
Charlie

miked 11-02-2009 12:07 PM

It looks like you might be using Windows 7 Aero's "Peek" feature but don't really want it.

Do you see the same behavior is you open multiple tabs in Internet Explorer?

Are you wanting to disable this feature for all applications, or just SecureCRT?

Assuming it's Windows Aero peek and that you want to disable it for all applications, there are sites on the Internet that discuss how to disable it. Here's one site describing the process.

RotoryFlight 11-02-2009 03:22 PM

Yes, it is Aero Peek. I don't really want to disable it system wide though. I have some applications I find it handy for.

Thanks,
Charlie

miked 11-02-2009 05:17 PM

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for clarifying. I understand not wanting to disable peek system wide.

Are you asking for the option to disable peek for SecureCRT?

Is there something we could do to improve the "peek" functionality?

RotoryFlight 11-02-2009 07:07 PM

I'd like to see an option to disable it. I think it all flexibility.

The "peek" screens are small and don't provide much in the way of readability. Personally (maybe others agree) I like to just click on the icon then navigate the tabs.

The "peek" functionality is much more usable with a GUI application like IE where you can actually make out what may be in the window. :)

Thanks,
Charlie

miked 11-03-2009 08:59 AM

Thanks for clarifying. I've added your messages to our product enhancement request database so that we can consider removing Windows 7 Aero peek related functionality. If we implement your suggestion we'll post a follow up message to this forum thread. If you would like personal e-mail notification as well, please let us know and refer to forum thread 4316.

miked 11-05-2009 05:02 PM

We have a pre-release version of SecureCRT 6.5 (pre-beta 4) which provides a Global.ini option to disable Windows Aero Peek. If you're interested in trying this pre-release version, please let us know and refer to forum thread 4316.

MrC 11-06-2009 07:47 PM

The peek functionality is nice, but the quick preview when hovering over a peek window does not show the correct contents of the hovered window. It shows whatever window is active, regardless of where the mouse hovers.

miked 11-07-2009 12:20 PM

Hi MrC,

The version you're using is a little bit older than the version I referred to in my previous post. Can you send e-mail and refer to forum thread 4316 so that we can upload the most current 6.5 pre-release installer for you?

MrC 11-08-2009 10:20 AM

I'm afraid b4 still does not show the correct content when hovering over a peek window. Only the currently selected tab's content window is show.

miked 11-09-2009 09:08 AM

Thanks,

You tested with build 6.5.0.358 right?

I've added your forum posts to our product enhancement request database so that our developers can investigate the issue. We'll post a follow up message here when we have a newer version available to address the issue.

MrC 11-09-2009 09:27 AM

6.5.0.358 is the version I tested.

miked 11-09-2009 10:44 AM

Thanks for confirming.

miked 11-09-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

I'd like to see an option to disable it. I think it all flexibility.
We have a pre-release version of SecureCRT 6.5 (pre-beta 4) which provides a Global.ini option to disable Windows Aero Peek. If you're interested in trying this pre-release version, please let us know and refer to forum thread 4316.

ddx 11-17-2009 07:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Minor issue; it looks like the preview function is not always updating the securecrt screen content.
Example I have 2 securecrt sessions opened with mc running (mc is running for aboyut 15 minutes)

See attached screenshot