VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   SecureCRT on the Mac (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   macOS Catalina (10.15) constant crashes (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=13927)

apollostees 10-09-2019 05:55 AM

macOS Catalina (10.15) constant crashes

Hello Vandyke support.

I know macOS 10.15 just came out on 10/7/19 but can we expect an update to 8.5.4 any time soon? I'm experiencing a number of issues after my upgrade to Catalina.
  1. Frequent crashes.
  2. Can't end a "Log Session" once it's initiated. (If I start a Log Session, all options in the 'file, edit, view, etc. tabs become greyed out. They remain greyed out until I close and reopen the program)

Any info on when we can expect an update would be helpful.

berdmann 10-09-2019 01:38 PM

Hi apollostees,

Support for SecureCRT on Catalina has not been officially added. I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to add this support. We will post here if/when a version of SecureCRT that is supported on Catalina is released.

We have implemented a fix for the Log Session behavior that you have described in a pre-release version of SecureCRT. If you would like to test with the pre-release version please send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "**Attn Brittney: Forum Thread #13927**" in the subject line.

apollostees 10-09-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berdmann (Post 52416)
Hi apollostees,

Support for SecureCRT on Catalina has not been officially added. I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to add this support. We will post here if/when a version of SecureCRT that is supported on Catalina is released.

We have implemented a fix for the Log Session behavior that you have described in a pre-release version of SecureCRT. If you would like to test with the pre-release version please send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "**Attn Brittney: Forum Thread #13927**" in the subject line.

email sent, thank you.

json 10-10-2019 07:48 AM

got the same issue.. emailed request for beta fix. thanks.

berdmann 10-10-2019 09:23 AM

Hi json,

I just received and responded to your email! :)

pika 10-11-2019 04:20 AM

macOs catalina

Hello, I have confronted the problem that the 'rz' command is invalid but the 'sz' command is valid. I think it is because the upgrade of my os. If there is a solution, please help me. thanks

berdmann 10-11-2019 12:31 PM

Hi Pika,

SecureCRT is not yet supported on Catalina. We have an alpha release available that **might** resolve **some** of the behavior that you are experiencing.

If you would like to test with the alpha, please send me an email to support@vandyke.com, with subject: "ATTN Brittney, Forum Thread# 13927".

PLEASE NOTE:

If not writing us from the email address associated with your download account, please include it in the body of the email.

json 10-28-2019 07:12 PM

Hi!

do you have a date for the release of the version with Catalina support? thanks!

json

bgagnon 10-29-2019 09:49 AM

Hi json,

Not a date for the official release, no. As Brittney indicated in the prior post, if you contact us, we can make a pre-release build available.

The beta release cycle is expected to start soon. Those installers will be available on the website. The official release usually follows in 4-6 weeks.

bgagnon 02-18-2020 11:12 AM

Hi Folks,

As of February 11, 2020, version 8.7 is the current, official release.