VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   SecureCRT 8.3 (beta 4), Build 1509 on macOS 10.13.1, session manager window (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=12886)

flohse 11-03-2017 07:56 AM

SecureCRT 8.3 (beta 4), Build 1509 on macOS 10.13.1, session manager window

After every restart of SecureCRT the session manager window changes its position on the screen. This only applies for the macOS Version so far. On Windows the session manager window stays at the same screen position on subsequent application restarts.

This is only a cosmetically issue, but it would be nice to have it fixed in the final 8.3 release.

Kind Regards,
Frank

bgagnon 11-03-2017 08:22 AM

Hi Frank,

I am not really following. The default is for Session Manager to be in auto-hide mode. Is yours undocked and just "floating"?

If so, please post some screenshots illustrating the movement you are experiencing.

flohse 11-03-2017 03:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Brenda,

on my setup the session manager is floating and is automatically shown on startup. On subsequent application starts the session manager window is moving to the lower right corner of the screen.

See files "Screenshot 2017-11-03 21.46.04.jpg" and "Screenshot 2017-11-03 21.46.55.jpg".

I would expect that the windows stays on the same position. The session manager window's geometry values in the Global.ini file also reflect this movement/change after each program start.

Btw. I am also missing the pinning icon in the title bar of the session manager window, see file "Screenshot 2017-11-03 21.36.16".

Regards,
Frank

bgagnon 11-03-2017 03:28 PM

Hi Frank,

I could not replicate the "moving Session Manager" issue, but have asked our developers to investigate.

Quote:

Btw. I am also missing the pinning icon in the title bar of the session manager window, see file "Screenshot 2017-11-03 21.36.16".
Presently, there's no pin for SecureCRT/Mac. :(

That's provided by the libraries we use to build on Windows and, unfortunately, the libraries used on Mac do not supply the same graphics. Instead, to auto hide Session Manager, first it has to be docked (not floating). Then you choose Auto Hide Session Manager from the context menu shown when you right-click any object in Session Manager.

I have added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to add an auto hide pin icon for the Session Manager. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #12886" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

flohse 11-03-2017 04:30 PM

Hello Brenda,

would it be helpful, if I sent you my Global.ini by mail? Maybe something in there causes this problem? If you are interested, please send me a PN with your mail address.

Regards,
Frank

bgagnon 11-06-2017 07:05 AM

Hi Frank,

Sure, you can attach it to an email sent to support@vandyke.com. Please include "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #12886" in the subject line.

bgagnon 11-06-2017 08:20 AM

Hi Frank,

I don't think I need the file after all. The QA team member was able to replicate the issue, apparently by matching the way you are closing the items. He wrote:
Quote:

If I close the undocked session manager first, then close the SecureCRT window, the last position of the session manager is remembered on next launch. If I close the main window first (which causes the session manager to close as well), then the last position is not remembered.

So, would you test by closing the Session Manager first (red x on title bar), then close the main SecureCRT window.

Is the Session Manager opened in the expected position on next launch?

Once this new position is saved, you will not have to close in that order from then on out, unless you want to change the saved position.

Since this was not the behavior in older versions (pre 8.1), they plan still to investigate the change in behavior, but would like this confirmation (and it gives you a workaround for now).

berdmann 01-17-2020 02:09 PM

Hi flohse,

We recently implemented a fix for this bug. If you would like to test with the "fixed" version please send an email to support@vandyke.com, with your ***"ATTN: Forum Thread #12866"*** in the subject field.

If you are writing in from an email address that differs form the email that you registered your download account with, please provide the email associated with your download account.

flohse 01-26-2020 10:31 AM

I have tested the new Version 8.7.0 (build 2130) and can confirm that this issue has been solved. Hopefully this fix will be included in the final 8.7.0 build.

Regards,
Frank

bgagnon 01-27-2020 08:08 AM

Hi Frank,

Yes, in fact the fix will be in beta 4 release, scheduled for tomorrow (because it is build 2134). (Release dates are subject to change however.)