VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   have to click twice to disconnect (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=11067)

alexl 06-11-2013 04:46 PM

have to click twice to disconnect

hi, the ssh won't disconnect until I hit the disconnect icon a 2nd time, any ideas?

thanks,

bgagnon 06-11-2013 05:19 PM

Hello alexl,

What version of SecureCRT are you using?

From your description, I think you are talking about behavior that was changed (around v6.5) to more accurately reflect the state that exists between remote and server.

To revert to the prior behavior, there is an .ini only option you can change. For now, you will have to change each session's .ini file, but if you also make the change to the Default.ini file, future sessions that are created will exhibit this as the default behavior.

Session .ini files (and the Default.ini) are stored in the configuration folder. The location of your installation's Configuration folder is found in the General category of SecureCRT's Global Options.

To configure this:
  • Take note of SecureCRT's config location in the Global Options / General category

• Close SecureCRT

• Edit the session .ini (and/or Default.ini) file:
D:"Force Close On Exit"=00000000
to
D:"Force Close On Exit"=00000001

I have also added this thread to a feature request in our product enhancement database to expose Force Close on Exit option in the GUI. Should a future release of SecureCRT include this feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #11067" in the subject line.

koenv 06-19-2013 06:31 AM

Any ideas on how to do (script?) this for a few 1000 .ini files on a windows system?

bgagnon 06-19-2013 08:23 AM

Hello koenv,

So all your 1000+ connections require you to disconnect twice?

If so, working together I think we can come up with a scripting solution, but have you made the change manually to one or two devices and verified it fixes the issue for you?

koenv 06-19-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon (Post 39349)
Hello koenv,

So all your 1000+ connections require you to disconnect twice?

If so, working together I think we can come up with a scripting solution, but have you made the change manually to one or two devices and verified it fixes the issue for you?

running 7.1.1

I don't always need to disconnect twice for all my devices but yes, all my devices require this when rebooting/upgrading/...

Not a major issue, but annoying nonetheless.

If it is a simple thing to script, please do provide the solution as I'd love to get rid of this, but on the other side, it's not worth 30mins off my time :)

bgagnon 06-19-2013 10:28 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hi Koenv,

Thanks for the clarification.

I have attached an example script.

First, you will be prompted with a dialog where you enter the .ini option you wish to change.

It is important this is entered exactly as it appears in the .ini file, so that should be:

Force Close On Exit

Then, if you want to change all sessions, accept the default in the second dialog.

The third dialog box prompts you for the new value. In this case, you would enter 1.

The log file that summarizes the actions that were taken would then be displayed. (See attached screenshots.)

Maureen 07-09-2013 09:37 AM

The option to force the session channel to close on disconnect has been added to the GUI in a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you would be interested in trying it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen

koenv 07-28-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maureen (Post 39524)
The option to force the session channel to close on disconnect has been added to the GUI in a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you would be interested in trying it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen

Did this ever end up in a non-beta version?
If so, where do I find that toggle?

rtb 07-28-2014 08:31 AM

Hi koenv,

This option is available in SecureCRT 7.2.

The option is located in the Connection / SSH2 / Advanced category of the Session Options dialog, and it is named Force session channel to close on disconnect.

koenv 07-28-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtb (Post 42034)
Hi koenv,

This option will be available when the version of SecureCRT after 7.2 is officially released. That has not happened yet.

When the next version of SecureCRT is released, the option will be located in the Connection / SSH2 / Advanced category of the Session Options dialog, and it is named Force session channel to close on disconnect.

That version info is wrong apparently. :)

Running Version 7.2.2 (x64 build 491) - Official Release - March 20, 2014 and already found that trigger in the location you mentioned!

rtb 07-28-2014 08:36 AM

Hi koenv,

You are correct. My mistake. I have amended my post.