VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   Secure Shell (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Jump scroll issue with scrollable regions. (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=2772)

mattdey 02-21-2008 01:31 PM

Jump scroll issue with scrollable regions.

I am useing SecureCRT 6.0 and I think there is a bug with jumpscroll. When i use SecureCRT with the GNU screen utility with a hardstaus line and run something that will scoll a large number of lines SecureCRT seems to be doing smooth scrolling. When I am outside of GNU screen, or inside of GNU screen without a hard status line and run the same command Jump scolling works fine.

I tested this against Putty and I did not experience the same problem which leads me to belive it's a problem with Secure CRT and not gnu Screen.

I did a little digging around and the problem appears to begin once GNU screen send the escape sequence to set the Scrollable Region. Which would explain why it happens inside of the GNU scrren utility only when I have a status line at the bottom.

I have tried setting Secure CRT to use different emulations and nothing seemed to make a differece.

Here is my .screenrc file
==============================================
term xterm
startup_message off

# turn visual bell on
vbell on
vbell_msg " Wuff ---- Wuff!! "

# define a bigger scrollback, default is 100 lines
defscrollback 5120

# terminfo and termcap for nice 256 color terminal
# bold colors - necessary for some reason
attrcolor i "+b"

# tell screen how to set colors. AB = background, AF=foreground
termcapinfo xterm 'Co#256:AB=\E[48;5;%dm:AF=\E[38;5;%dm:ti=\E[?47h:te=\E[?47l'

# erase background with current bg color
defbce "on"
hardstatus alwayslastline
hardstatus string '%{= kG}[ %{+bG}%H %{G}][%= %{=kw}%?%-Lw%?%{r}(%{W}%n*%f%t%?(%u)%?%{r})%{G}%?%+Lw%?%?%= %{G}][%{C}.%y%m%d %{W}%c %{g}]'
==============================================

tnygren 02-21-2008 02:17 PM

Hi Mattdey,

I need to get a little more information to find out what is happening.

There is an option in SecureCRT to create a log of everything that the remote system sends to SecureCRT.

This log would be very helpful to see what is happening.

Could you create a raw log with SecureCRT's emulation set to Xterm and send me that log?

To create a raw log:

1. Before connecting with the session, select Raw Log Session from SecureCRT's File menu.

2. In the Select Log File dialog, choose a folder and filename in which you would like the log text to be stored and click the Save button. At this point, if you open the File menu, you will notice that Raw Log Session now has a check-mark next to it; this indicates that raw logging is activated.

3. Now connect to the remote machine and perform the actions which cause the reported problem to occur.

4. Disconnect the session and select Raw Log Session from the File menu to turn off the raw log feature.

5. Browse to the location of the raw log file and attach it to an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject of ATTN: Teresa Forum Thread 2772.

mattdey 10-17-2008 08:04 AM

Is there any sort of a fix for this on the way?

kbarnette 10-17-2008 08:24 AM

Hi mattdey,

A while back Teresa requested a raw log.

Before we can determine if this is an issue in SecureCRT, or an issue that can be resolved with a configuration change, we will need to gather some more information.

Could you enable 'Raw Log Session' from the SecureCRT 'File' menu, reproduce the behavior you reported, and send us the resulting log file?

mattdey 10-19-2008 08:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I sent them in as requested a while back then never heard anything more.

Here are the original logs I had sent in a while back. I should be easy to reproduce on your own as well if you run GNU screen with a hard status line and run a command which will scroll a large amount of data.

kbarnette 10-20-2008 01:49 PM

Hi mattdey,

I apologize for the confusion that occurred earlier this year. Back in February we did receive the log files and responded, but we never received a response from you. I suspect that Teresa's e-mail message was filtered to a spam folder.

I have been able to reproduce the behavior you reported.

I have submitted an investigation report regarding this issue to our development database. In the event that progress is made we will post here.

mattdey 10-21-2008 07:21 AM

Great. Thanks very much!