VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   SecureCRT on the Mac (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Multi-byte language support in session database (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=13987)

allegro 11-26-2019 06:57 PM

Multi-byte language support in session database

1 Attachment(s)
Multi-byte language (folder and session name) is used in my session database. When I click the toolbar button in securecrt to open securefx, it is prompted that session information is not found, and the session name is garbled. It should be no match. How can I solve this problem?

The version I use is v8.5.4 build1942 bundled for mac.
Attachment is a screenshot of an error.
https://forums.vandyke.com/attachmen...achmentid=1768

bgagnon 11-27-2019 09:19 AM

Hi allegro,

What multi-byte language characters are they? Chinese?

If so, if you run the following command from your local shell, what is the output?
echo $LANG
If it's en_US.UTF-8, what are the results if you run the following command in the local shell:
launchctl setenv LANG zh_CN

And then start SecureCRT again? Are you able to successfully launch SecureFX to the same session that has multi-byte characters in the name?

allegro 11-28-2019 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon (Post 52656)
Hi allegro,

If so, if you run the following command from your local shell, what is the output?
echo $LANG
If it's en_US.UTF-8, what are the results if you run the following command in the local shell:

And then start SecureCRT again? Are you able to successfully launch SecureFX to the same session that has multi-byte characters in the name?

Yes, it's Chinese characters.
I type echo $LANG in a terminal and press Enter, the response is : zh_CN.UTF-8
My OS is macOS 10.15.1

allegro 11-28-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon (Post 52656)
Hi allegro,

echo $LANG

after I ran the command you gave me, the code disappeared, but after restarting the computer, the problem came back

bgagnon 12-02-2019 11:31 AM

Hi allegro,
Quote:

after I ran the command you gave me, the code disappeared, but after restarting the computer, the problem came back
That's to be expected with the current workaround as it is not a permanent change. I've asked the developers to come up with a fix or suggest a way to apply that command so it won't be temporary. I'll post here when I have an update.

bgagnon 12-19-2019 11:50 AM

Hi allegro,

The developers believe they have resolved the issue in a pre-release build. You can either wait for beta 3 of v8.7 or send an email to support@vandyke.com. (Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #13987 in the subject line.)

To make the pre-release build available will require a download account. Please include the email address associated with your download account in the body of the email.

allegro 01-05-2020 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon (Post 52788)
Hi allegro,

The developers believe they have resolved the issue in a pre-release build. You can either wait for beta 3 of v8.7 or send an email to support@vandyke.com. (Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #13987 in the subject line.)

To make the pre-release build available will require a download account. Please include the email address associated with your download account in the body of the email.

I tried v8.7.0 (build2098) and the problem persists.

bgagnon 01-06-2020 08:17 AM

Hi allegro,

The fix is not in beta 2 (otherwise I would have directed you to that installer, which is available on the website). :)

The fix is in a build *after* beta 2 and will appear in beta 3 which is scheduled for release this Thursday, January 9.

allegro 01-10-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgagnon (Post 52875)
Hi allegro,

The fix is not in beta 2 (otherwise I would have directed you to that installer, which is available on the website). :)

The fix is in a build *after* beta 2 and will appear in beta 3 which is scheduled for release this Thursday, January 9.

So when is the official 8.7.0 release?

bgagnon 01-10-2020 08:56 AM

Hi allegro,

Official release of v8.7 is presently scheduled for January 30, but subject to change.

The best way to stay informed as to release dates is to subscribe to the product announcements.