Welcome to the VShell 2.5 Beta
Welcome to the VShell 2.5 Beta test. We look forward to your feedback on VShell and our help/man pages in a effort to assure the product meets your needs.
We'll be working on a fairly tight schedule, so early feedback definitely helps. If you find something, please don't hesitate, or wait to see if it is fixed in the next release.
To give you an idea of the timeframe we're working within, here's what you can expect:
Beta 1 will be shipped on October 6 with additional beta releases following every 2 weeks until official release in the middle of November.
Thanks very much for your willingness to help, and we look forward to your feedback.
Major New Features
- X.509 Strong Authentication Method – For Windows and now UNIX: comply with organization-wide policies designed to protect critical information and overcome identity theft and electronic fraud. This feature is currently not available on Mac OS X, FreeBSD, or AIX 5.2/5.3 (available for AIX 5.2 and 5.3 soon).
- IPv6 Technologies: Moving beyond outdated networks incapable of handling sophisticated network traffic. This feature is currently not available on AIX 4.3 and HP-UX 11.
- Enhanced file triggers - Trigger parameters for number of bytes written and error codes. Also adds the ability to turn off file triggers for error conditions.
- Windows NT 4.0 (SP 5), 2000, XP, and 2003
- Red Hat Enterprise v2.1, v3
- Red Hat Linux 7.x (Intel x86), 8.x* (Intel x86), and 9.x (Intel x86)
- Solaris 8 (SPARC)
- FreeBSD 4.8 (Intel x86), 5.4 (Intel x86), and 5.3 (Intel x86)
- HP-UX 11
- Mac OS X 10.X
- AIX 4.3, 5.2, and 5.3