VanDyke Software Forums

VanDyke Software Forums (https://forums.vandyke.com/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.vandyke.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Select Multiple Tabs? (https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=12836)

awittenb 09-27-2017 06:18 AM

Select Multiple Tabs?

I noticed that a previous changelog indicated the ability to select multiple tabs and perform some operations:

- Windows: Added support for selecting multiple tabs and doing the
following right-click menu operations on them: Send to New Tab
Group, Send to New Window, Disconnect, Close, and Lock.

I can't seem to figure out how to actually select multiple tabs though. I tried using Ctrl, Shift and Ctrl+Shift clicking them. Any idea how to do this?

jjh 09-27-2017 09:21 AM

Hi awittenb.

If you hold down the Ctrl key, you can click on multiple tabs so that they will all be active. Then you can right click the selected tabs and choose "Send to new window", etc.

Does that work for you?

JJH

awittenb 09-27-2017 09:34 AM

For some reason holding Ctrl isn't working for me. I had a colleague of mine test it and it seems to work fine for them.

Something else possibly interfering?

awittenb 09-27-2017 09:38 AM

I also tried restarting SecureCRT and using a different keyboard (Ctrl works for me everywhere else, but I figured why not).

jjh 09-27-2017 09:48 AM

Which version of SecureCRT do you have installed?

The functionality was added in SecureCRT 8.1.

JJH

awittenb 09-27-2017 09:52 AM

v8.1.4 (x64 build 1443)

Just upgraded it this morning from some version of 7.x (not sure exactly which). That's what prompted me to read the changelogs.

awittenb 09-27-2017 10:08 AM

I completely uninstalled SecureCRT and deleted the data in %APPDATA%/VanDyke Software.

After re-intalling, I'm able to use Ctrl to select multiple tabs as expected.

I then imported my saved settings and the issue started again, so there is some option or corrupted setting causing this.

jjh 09-27-2017 10:15 AM

If you open your Global Options to the Tabs/Tiling category, you can choose between showing status indicators as Icons, Background colors, or Colored rectangles. If you use background colors, you won't be able to select multiple tabs.

Are you using background colors?

JJH

awittenb 09-27-2017 10:20 AM

Ah! Yes, I am.

I removed the background colors, but it still didn't work.

Restarted the application and now it's working again.

Any plans to have the multiple tab selection work with background colors or is this just a known bug?

jjh 09-27-2017 10:30 AM

I just became aware of the issue minutes ago. After I found that it was actually an issue, I checked our bug tracking database and found that one other person reported the behavior a few months ago. I have created an entry for you in the same report. It appears that the current framework that our developers use doesn't allow it to happen, but there might be something they can do to get it to work. We will post something here should a version of SecureCRT become available that will allow you to multi-select tabs while using background colors for the tabs. If you would like to be informed via e-mail, please send a message to support@vandyke.com referencing this forum thread.

Thanks

JJH

awittenb 09-27-2017 10:34 AM

Understood. Thanks for your help.

jjh 09-27-2017 10:41 AM

No problem. Sorry your preferred tab status indicator isn't going to work with multi-select for now. Hopefully we can make a change to resolve that in the future.

JJH