PDA

View Full Version : SecureCRT 6 locks using FTDI serial adapter during pasting.

mikalb
10-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Hi,

I have securecrt version 6.6 on Windows 7 64 bit. (although this problem has been occuring for some time now). And occurs on multiple computers.

I see the following problem when using usb to serial port adapters with securecrt 6.6 (and earlier versions as well).

The problem is when I do a paste into the secure crt window, most of the time, the window freezes part way through the paste (can be as little as 2 lines of code to paste). I have to disconnect and reconnect. Then it works again until I try another paste and it happens again. It happens only with SecureCRT. If I use teraterm v3.13 it doesn't happen. It happens when using SecureCRT with keyspan serial port adapters, FTDI adapters and Cisco's direct USB adapter.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this but it gets quite frustrating when I'm trying to configure multiple switches and I can't paste into the windows.

thanks for any advice or help.

michael

bgagnon
10-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Hello mikalb,

I apologize for the hanging behavior you are experiencing. It was also reported in this thread (http://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=6320).

This issue was fixed in a later build of SecureCRT.

Please contact support@vandyke.com and include "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #6342" in the subject line.

If your download account (the mechanism we use to make available to you) was not created using the e-mail address you use when contacting us, please provide the e-mail address you used when registering for the download account.

If you do not currently have a download account, one will be created for you, but it will be necessary to complete the registration process before you can download the build with the fix.

bgagnon
11-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Please note: The first maintenance release of SecureCRT 6.6 (version 6.6.1) was released today, November 4, 2010. This release contains the fix to the "paste" issue mentioned in this thread.

SecureCRT 6.6.1 is available for download from our website here (http://www.vandyke.com/download/securecrt/download.html).