PDA

View Full Version : Ability to save button bar configurations

vikjaw
11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Hello,

I am using the beta 2 of SecureCRT 6.0 and was looking for the ability to export/import configured button within the button bar. Does this exist or planned to exist in future releases?

Thanks,
Vik

Maureen
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Vik,

Thanks for posting. Are you wanting to copy/move a button within the same button bar or copy/move it from one button bar to another?

Maureen

jjh
11-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Hello Vik.

There isn't currently an import / export feature for buttons
in the button bar. The button bar information is stored in
a file called ButtonBar.ini, which can be found in the
Config folder. You can open that file in Notepad to see how
it is formatted.

I have created an entry for you in our feature request
database. We can post something here should a version of
SecureCRT become available with an import / export feature
for the button bar. If you would like to be informed via
e-mail, please send e-mail to support@vandyke.com and
reference this forum thread.

Thank you

JJH

vikjaw
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi JJH,

Thanks that would be great! I work in an environment in which users create a few button entries (Dare I say..ProComm) to simplify cli command entries and would like to be able to distribute these pre-configured buttons to those who may find them useful. This way they could create a new button bar and import or export.

Regards,
Vik

vikjaw
11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi JJH,

I can't seem to find the file ButtonBar.ini on my system, nor do I have a Config folder.

Thanks,
Vik

jjh
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Hello Vik.

You can find the location of your Configuration folder by
opening your Global Options to the General category and
looking at the "Configuration Folder" entry box. The folder
is called "Config" by default, but it doesn't have to named
Config. The Config folder is stored in the following
location by default:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\VanDyke\Config

You could also do a search of your hard drive for a file
called Global.ini, which is another file that can be found
in your Config folder.

Thanks
JJH

vikjaw
11-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Hi JJH,

Thanks for the info, it helped me find the info.

Another concern I have is regarding the appearance of the buttons. Instead of having them appear as green buttons (appears as if they have a successful connection, or that the command has been verified as successful) next to the label, could they appear as actual shadowed boxes with the user label within?

Thanks,
Vik

vikjaw
11-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Hi JJH, Maureen,

When configuring the button bar to run a specific script, would it be possible to have the option for a message to pop up asking the user if they are sure they want to run the specific script(pulled from what the user configured the button's label to be)?

As a workaround I have created a message box to do just this within script, the only problem is I have quite a few scripts that I would(or anyone else with scripts) would have to manually modify.

This will help avoid accidentally clicking on the button and launching a script during a session, which could potentially cause an issue.

Thanks again, :)
Vik

jjh
11-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Hi JJH,

Thanks for the info, it helped me find the info.

Another concern I have is regarding the appearance of the buttons. Instead of having them appear as green buttons (appears as if they have a successful connection, or that the command has been verified as successful) next to the label, could they appear as actual shadowed boxes with the user label within?

Thanks,
Vik

Hi Vik.

database for this. We will contact you should a version of
SecureCRT become available with the ability to customize the
look of the buttons on the button bar.

JJH

jjh
11-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi JJH, Maureen,

When configuring the button bar to run a specific script, would it be possible to have the option for a message to pop up asking the user if they are sure they want to run the specific script(pulled from what the user configured the button's label to be)?

As a workaround I have created a message box to do just this within script, the only problem is I have quite a few scripts that I would(or anyone else with scripts) would have to manually modify.

This will help avoid accidentally clicking on the button and launching a script during a session, which could potentially cause an issue.

Thanks again, :)
Vik

database for this request as well. We will contact you
should a version of SecureCRT become available with a
verification popup option for buttons in the button bar.

Thanks

JJH

vikjaw
11-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks JJH.

Vik