PDA

View Full Version : open multiple session as tabs in one SecureCRT window

maximuss
05-24-2006, 06:08 PM
I often telnet to several workstations at the same time to do some work.
I must run CRT, when window opened, select the sessions, click connect.
If I use command like:
SecureCRT.exe /S mysession1
SecureCRT.exe /S mysession2
Then I can only open session in one window at a time.
Can I use a script or command to open multiple sessions as tabs in only one SecureCRT window?

tnygren
05-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Hi Maximuss,

It is currently possible to open multiple sessions from a single the command line and have the sessions appear in tabs.

To accomplish this, just use the following command line:

SecureCRT.exe /S mysession1 /S mysession2

This will only work for the sessions listed in that one command. It is not possible to add tabs to an existing SecureCRT window from the command line or script.

We have had requests to allow tabs to be opened in existing SecureCRT windows from the command line or script.

Would you like a post made here if this is added?

maximuss
05-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks Teresa! :)
It's work.
I'd appreciate that if tabs to be opened in existing SecureCRT windows from the command line or script is added.

By the way, can I use script to change the SecureCRT window size and position?
The screen object doesn't have Property or Method to let user do this.

miked
05-25-2006, 05:00 PM
We've added your request for the ability to open tabs from the command line or from within a script to our feature request database.

Currently the rows and columns are read-only attributes, but we've received requests for the ability to set rows and columns through the scripting interface, and I've added your forum post to that request.

If we implement either of these suggestions and you would like to receive e-mail notification, please send a message to support@vandyke.com and refer to forum thread 1458.